Resource Guide Contents

Guide home

A Walk Through Erie County Historical Sites

Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society

Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site

Forest Lawn Heritage Cemetery

Buffalo City Hall

McKinley Monument

McKinley Marker

Erie County Hall

Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum

Grover Cleveland House

Frances Cleveland Birth Home

Karpeles Museum

Buffalo Central Terminal

Albright Knox Art Gallery

Shea’s Performing Arts Center

Kleinhan’s Music Hall

Frank Lloyd Wright’s Martin House Complex

Broadway Market

St. Stanislaus Bishop & Martyr R.C. Church

Erie Canal Harbor at Canal Side

Lt. Col. Matt Urban Memorial

Buffalo and Erie County Naval and Military Park

Buffalo Fire Department’s Historic Fireboat

Michigan Street Baptist Church

Cofeld Judaic Museum of Temple Beth Zion

Frank Lloyd Wright’s Graycliff Estate

River Lea

Roycroft Campus

Aurora Historical Museum

Millard Fillmore House

Elbert Hubbard Roycroft Museum

Amherst Museum

Old Fort Erie

Clarence Historical Museum

Western New York Railway Historical Society

Steel Plant Museum of Western New York

Hull House

Benjamin Long Homestead

Pop Warner Museum

Cheektowaga Historical Museum

Rich-Twinn Octagon House

Discovering Niagara County Historical Sites

Old Fort Niagara

Niagara County Historical Society

Kenan Center

Historic Palace Theater

Belva Lockwood Homestead

Herschell Carrousel Museum

Riviera Theater

Railroad Museum of the Niagara Frontier

Thirty Mile Point Lighthouse

Olcott Beach Carousel Park

Sanborn Area Farm Museum

Sanborn Area Schoolhouse Museum

Murphy Orchards

Daus Haus German Heritage Museum

Niagara Falls Wax Museum of History

Daredevil Museum of Niagara Falls

Sites in the Southern Tier

The Robert H. Jackson Center

A Tour of Genesee County Historical Sites

Genesee Country Village and Museum

Holland Land Office Museum

Jell-O Gallery

Historic Leroy House

Western New York Gas and Steam Engine Association

Stafford Museum of History

Discovering Orleans County Historical Sites

Cobblestone Museum

Courthouse Square Historic District

Frances Cleveland House

Medina Railroad Museum

Bent's Opera House

St. Stanislaus Bishop & Martyr R.C. Church

Buffalo and Erie County Historical SocietyPhoto Courtesy of Chuck LaChiusa, BuffaloAH.com

The oldest Polish parish in the Diocese of Buffalo, St. Stanislaus Church was built in 1882. A testament to the once thriving Polish community on the East Side of Buffalo, in 1904 St. Stan’s was among the largest parishes in the country with close to 20,000 parishioners. Though it doesn’t have as many parishioners today, St. Stan’s still serves Buffalo’s Polish community and remains an architectural and historic landmark of Buffalo’s East Side.

St. Stan’s is located at 123 Townsend St., Buffalo, NY 14212. Visit the website at www.ststanislauschurch.com. Other historic churches on the East Side include Corpus Christi Church (www.corpuschristibuffalo.org) and St. Adalbert Basilica (www.saintadalbertbasilica.org).